1/30/11

comfort.


"dad: you don't even know who you are ronnie."
ronnie: who am i?
dad: you are the kindest, sweetest, most beautiful daughter."
-the last song.
i can ask Heavenly Father who i am a thousand times & i'll always get that answer,
no matter what.
i love these simple reminders that come.
the best kind of sundays are the ones when i come home with new hope & stingy eyeballs because the spirit speaks to me through happy thoughts & feelings.

today i feel very grateful that i have carrie in my life.
we are not perfect. we are not identical at all.
sometimes i'm mad at her. but it doesn't ever last long, which is the best kind of relationship to me.
less complications, more understanding.
i try to avoid complications with people (i'm so glad i carry this characteristic), but i don't have to with her.
that kind of relationship is hard to find.
she is the only person besides myself on the earth right now who really knows my personality, this is very true.
something will make complete sense in my head & to her, but to no one else.
sometimes we are the only two people on the earth.
i always say to myself that my husband will be boy version of carrie. what a happy day it'll be when i have both.
i am blessed.
i am grateful for carrie smiff.

1 comment: