1/8/11

breathe.

time is only the strangest thing to me.
so fast or so slow.
sometimes it doesn't even happen.

right now, right now for a lot of people i believe, it the strangest time of life. for me, i feel a lot older than most the people i am with, even the ones that are older than me, the grey haired ones.

it is a strange time. none of us, the people i am talking about, want to be where we are. except for the grey haired ones. & why did they put it off till now? i think after this semester maybe i'll feel more placed. but for now i'll just feel strange i suppose.

when i was little i always wondered why the world was so grey & colourless. i wondered why we didn't make buildings blue & pretty.
but i've realized that when i look i can find colour. in the pretty houses & streets here in utah. but what about everywhere else?
i want to see everywhere else so bad, every place's colour.
everything that is undiscovered, not by people, by me.
i know i have much to see, learn, hear.
but mostly see.
museums. art shows. buildings. people. streets. oceans. shops. structures. & plays.

i guess i'm just bored.

i read all of oh so rosie today. it was interesting to me because here is a girl younger than me. we both like the same things. but we are so different. money makes a big difference. at one point i felt so much jealousy for her instax mini, & anthropologie wardrobe, her birthday party that included a photobooth, & every place she's ever been. then i remembered my life is wonderful. i have everything i need & so much more. i don't need an enormous birthday party to make me happy. i like my life & the people that i share it with & the things that i have. i love my things. down to the last strip of ribbon i own. & i love my dreams & what i stand for & my passions, & that i have the gospel in my life. these are the things that matter.

i am not trying to put a damper on oh so rosie girl. she is lovely & undoubtedly a very sweet girl. oh & very talented i've noticed: styling & drawing & her photography.

i used to think "people can be lovely", this is wrong. people are lovely. if i just take the time to see them. truly.


reminders are nice.

1 comment: