5/30/11

brother.

"I helped teach the lesson in third hour on missionariy work, and I just wanted to say that I know that it's the greatest work we can be involved in. I've never had more fun, been more tired, shed so many tears of joy, and smiled as I have on my mission. I figure that I've spent almost 1000 hours formally teaching on my mission, and for all the teaching I've done, I feel that I've learned more than anybody. I agree with President Monson in that every worthy, able young man should prepare to serve a full-time mission. It's what we promised to do before we came to this earth. There's no greater calling. Have a great week!"
-Elder Dobry

we received Jason's 102nd email today. 102! lately i am full of excitement for him to come home, i can't believe he arrives home in only 23 days. it's been so fun to hear from him each week about his adventures & to get advice from him when i needed it. i miss playing basketball with him, card games & mancala, & staying up to watch the late night showings of Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
i feel like so many friends are out in the mission field (& they just keep getting calls!) so it's nice to know they come home. i think it's time to get myself an old globe & place little flags in all the areas around the world where all those missionary friends are. i'm so proud.
{i really just could not spot my brother in this picture, he's there though, i promise}

No comments:

Post a Comment