3/17/12

here's to happiness-missionary edition {by Chase}

First off It makes me so Happy to know that I have a Father in Heaven that loves me so much! There are so many people that dont know this and it is one of the most precious things to me to know that he is there and that he wants the best for me. Being on a mission has showed me how happy my testimony really makes feel. It is the only thing that holds you together when you are alone in the world. My family makes me happy. I could go on for hours with stories of funny things they have done and how much I love them. Coming home late at nights and being able to hear about the other elders day makes me happy. I also love talking on the phone to past companions or friends I have made on the mission. German suits make me happy because I like to wear them to Baptisms, Zone conferences, Interviews or any other special occasions. Seeing your best Friends dressed in white with the desire to follow the savior has to be one of the coolest things anyone can experience. Having late night pillow talk with good people makes me happy. Eating Dönner. Finding someone that shines, Seeing tears in peoples eyes because of they joy they feel through the Gospel, Riding bikes around the city to talk to people about the Gospel aka Bike oym's ( open your mouth), reading back through past journal entries, make me happy. The Temple makes me so happy! I miss being able to go there often. Of course things from home also make me happy. I love getting letters from you and being able to tell you all about the things going on in my life. Seriously, You just make me really happy. Climbing makes me happy. Slacklinging, skiing pow pow, backpacking, day hikes, road trips, exploring, making things with my hands makes me happy. There are a lot of things that make me happy!

Chase asked me how i Find Joy In The Journey last week because he knows that life can sometimes feel very repetitive. i sent him a happy list.
& he sent me one back.
which made me really happy. that's the thing about happy lists, they make the maker happy & everyone else who reads them happy as well. sometimes when i'm making a happy list i realize something makes me happy that i'd never thought would make me happy. so lets bring happy lists back people. i make them in my head quite often, but i think we all should start taking the time to write them down.
happiness is contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment